- Approximately 721,800 HAIs occur in U.S. acute care hospitals.
- About 1.6 to 3.8 million HAIs occur in long-term care facilities.
- These HAIs result in more than 400,000 deaths, and $20 billion in annual healthcare costs.
- Hand hygiene is one of the most effective measures to reduce the incidence of health care-associated infections.
- U.S. healthcare providers clean their hands for only 25% of the times they should.
- Sanibit can encourage providers to do better.
The Sanibit wristband and controllers work together to keep track of how long hands are washed while entering or exiting a room — without getting in the way.They can even track personal protective equipment compliance.
The Sanibit web app puts data at your fingertips to drive targeted insights and accountability. Meanwhile, healthcare providers are encouraged to improve with real-time, automated feedback, promoting lasting behavioral change.
- Complete hand hygiene monitoring: moment and quality
- No change to workflow
- Real-time personalized intervention
- Peer pressure and self motivation
- Comprehensive compliance analysis at your fingertips
- Personal protective equipment compliance tracking
- Simulation game based infection prevention training system
- Infection, sepsis and cross contamination analysis